Wind Wing Pinion 6 m
Wind Wing Pinion 6 m
- Works for the widest possible range of abilities and conditions
- Balanced low-end power and wind range
- Dihedral and v-shape profile improves flag stability
- Flatter tips reduce touchdowns in takeoff
- Longer semi-rigid EVA handles for more direct control and micro-adjustments in hand position
- Made with dacron for lightness, stiffness and durability
- Pretensioned leech line to reduce flutter at full power
- Wider hose to our ‘One-Pump’ inflation system, and a second dump valve on the centre strut for faster deflation.
We had one goal in mind when we designed our new Pinion wing: Progression
The Pinion is a wing that works for the widest possible range of abilities and conditions. Featuring a mid-aspect outline, more balanced low-end power and wind range, but with a moderate dihedral for stability. The v-shape profile improves flag stability for downwinding and riding waves.
Starting with the outline, the Pinion is more compact with flatter tips to reduce touchdowns in takeoff, with added longer semi-rigid handles for more direct control. This allows for micro-adjustments in hand position, without having to let go of the wing.
Dacron was used for the airframe, a material known for its lightness, stiffness and durability. More taper was added on the leading edge towards the tips to improve the flex and release, with pretensioning added to the leech line to reduce flutter when the wing is powered up.
To get you on the water quicker, the Pinion features a wider tube connection to our ‘One-Pump’ inflation system, and a second dump valve on the centre strut for faster deflation.
To reduce weight all unnecessary design features have been eliminated, such as anchor points on the leading edge. The new EVA handles are much longer so each wing requires only three handles. Their semi-rigid EVA core also helps reduce hand fatigue.
The Pinion wind wing sets a new standard for performance and control. A wing made for progression. A wing a novice can start on and stick with. This is a wing that you will love at all stages in your winging journey.
So whether you are a complete novice, a freeride fanatic, a freestyler wanting to boost big, or you just want to surf waves with the Pinion, we have you covered.